Cowboy TextDown Truck Giveaway Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the KFDM & KBTV viewing area, have a valid Texas or Louisiana driver’s license, and the ability to provide proof of automobile insurance.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., San Antonio Television, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KFDM and KBTV (collectively, the "Stations"), Cellit, Cowboy Silsbee, DDM Marketing, other local Chevrolet dealerships, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one qualifier or winner per household.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant per each of the Game Dates (as defined below). Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To enter, watch the professional football games on KFDM and KBTV and look for the secret text word within the Cowboy Silsbee commercials. Text the word to short code 67336. Games will air between 11:30 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. CT on the following dates, which may be subject to change as determined by the NFL: each Sunday between September 7, 2014 and January 18, 2014; each Thursday between September 11, 2014 and November 27, 2014, Thursday November 27, 2014, each Saturday between December 20, 2014 and January 10, 2015 (the "Game Dates"). Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to 67336 to cancel. Text HELP to 67336 for help. By entering, entrants consent to receive up to three (3) text messages relating to this contest from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on September 7, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on January 18, 2015 (the "Contest Period"). Entries must be received by Station between 11:30 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. CT each of the Game Dates during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly drawing. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) Each Monday during the Contest Period, one (1) qualifier will be randomly selected from among valid entries, for a total of twenty (20) qualifiers. Remaining valid entries will not carry over to the next weekly drawing.
(e) On Friday January 23, 2015, four (4) finalists will be randomly selected from the twenty (20) qualifiers. Finalists will be notified by phone.
(f) At 6:00 a.m. CST on January 30, 2015, each of the four (4) finalists will be required to attend the grand prize event at Cowboy Silsbee located at 1415 Hwy 96 Bypass, Silsbee, Texas 77656. In the event a finalist does not appear at the grand prize event, then the finalist will be disqualified and the number of keys will be reduced. Each of the four (4) finalists will randomly draw numbers to determine the order of selecting keys based on qualification date. Each finalist will then draw one (1) key. Each finalist will have the opportunity to turn the key in the ignition until the winner is determined. The finalist with the key which starts the Chevrolet Silverado will be determined the grand prize winner. Only one key will start the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. Finalists must be present to be eligible to win.
(g) All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., San Antonio Television, LLC and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Twenty (20) qualifiers will each receive an Ultimate Tailgate Kit, which includes one (1) stadium seat cushion and one (1) t-shirt. Each qualifier prize is valued at $30. One (1) grand prize winner will receive a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD LT CREW valued at $42,280 MSRP. The winner must have a valid Texas state driver’s license and provide proof of automobile insurance. Winner is responsible for add-ons, insurance premiums, maintenance expenses, gasoline and any other fees and expenses associated with the vehicle, including but not limited to, registration, tag and title fees.
2. Qualifiers and finalists will be notified by phone. The grand prize winner will be notified in person at the grand prize event. Before claiming prizes, qualifiers and winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Qualifiers and winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification, at the time qualifiers claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Qualifiers and winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. Winner will be required to sign additional documents as determined by the car dealership.
3. If a qualifier or finalist winner cannot be notified within three (3) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate qualifier or winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries. If the grand prize winner does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility or cannot comply with the conditions of winning, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining valid finalists.
5. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
6. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
7. Only one prize will be awarded per household
8. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and San Antonio Television, LLC are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
9. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and San Antonio Television, LLC are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
10. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and San Antonio Television, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of qualifying depend on the number of entries received each week. Odds of being a finalist are 1 in 5 qualifiers. The odds of winning are 1 in 4 finalists.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KFDM, 2955 I-10 East, Beaumont, Texas and on the Station’s website at www.kfdm.com and www.fox4beaumont.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KFDM, 2955 I-10 East, Beaumont, Texas 77702 by March 31, 2015.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., San Antonio Television, LLC, Cellit, Cowboy Silsbee and DDM Marketing accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.