6 on Health: Tips for teething babies
Teething is no fun for babies or for parents, but there are some things you can do to get your infant through the teething stage.
Some tips include:
- Use a clean finger or cold teething ring to gently rub your baby's gum for about two minutes when he or she is in pain.
- Provide safe objects such as teething rings for your child to chew on.
- If that doesn't work, give your child an age-appropriate over the counter pain reliever.
- Do not give your baby aspirin because some medical experts say it isn't safe.
- Remember, mild discomfort is normal and usually nothing to worry about, but contact your doctor if the pain is severe or doesn't get better.