Suspects in Crystal Beach assault post $20K bonds


Two suspects in a Crystal Beach assault who had remained at large since warrants were issued for their arrests last week turned themselves in to the Orange County jail and bonded out this morning, sheriff's officials tell KFDM/6 News on Fox.

Morris Joseph Jr. was booked in Tuesday at 1:30 a.m. and posted a $20,000 bond at 3 a.m.

Rufus Joseph was booked in at 9:30 p.m. Monday night and also posted a $20,000 bond at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday morning.

Both are two of four men accused of an assault last month on Crystal Beach, which police say left a man with permanent injuries to his face.

They were also members of the state championship winning football team at West Orange-Stark in the 2016 season.

We obtained new details in the case Monday, when we learned Deionte Thompson, also a former WO-S football player and now a safety with the Alabama Crimson Tide, is accused of kicking 18-year-old Noah Frillou while he was already on the ground.

The probable cause affidavit indicates multiple witnesses identified Thompson by his white Alabama hat. He turned himself last Friday to the Tuscaloosa County jail in Alabama and soon posted bond.

Daletredricc Wolfford, Morris and Rufus Joseph are accused of beating up and knocking out Frillou on Crystal Beach during spring break March 18.

Wolfford turned himself in to the Orange County jail last Friday and posted a $20,000 bond.

The affidavit states:

Noah Frillou suffered major injuries to his face. Both orbital areas were broken, one almost completely all of the way around, his nose was broken, the maxillary bone, that holds the teeth, was broken into three pieces. Noah Frillou's cheeks and sinus cavities received multiple fractures and breaks. During surgery, Noah Frillou received metal plates around his high cheek bones, outer eye area, and down the sides of his nose onto the Maxillary area (sic). Noah Frillou also received plates to hold his teeth in place, and his jaw was wired shut. Four of these metal plates will be permanent.

What the court documents don't tell us is what led to the fight. We've reached out several times to Thompson's family and his mother told us they had no comment at this time.

We will continue to reach out to possible witnesses and the other men accused in this incident.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off