Email List

Watch KFDM Newscasts LiveTraffic Pay It ForwardRecipesWedding ContestAround the Web
Advertise with us!

Forecast    more >



Up to an inch and a half so far for the coast and the lakes. Showers will be continuing throughout the day, starting to diminish for the early evening hours. Cooler temps are in store for the weekend. Rains should stay away for the weekend as well.



Lakes Area Forecast.....


Tonight.....Mostly ...


Washington Times

Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

HPD: Bush IAH gunman from Beaumont

KHOU— A gunman walked into Bush Intercontinental Airport with an AR-15 and a handgun Thursday and fired at least two shots before shooting himself. It happened in the ticket area inside Terminal B around 1:35 p.m.

The man left behind a suicide note that said he had a "monster within" and wanted the cops to take care of it. The note said he had a plan, but decided to show mercy on others.

The suspect has been identified as 29-year-old Carnell Moore of Beaumont. He would have turned 30 this month. Moore had been staying in a Houston hotel the last few days.

A McDonald’s employee who works at the airport heard the gunshots.

"As soon as he walked in, he just automatically started shooting quickly," said the employee named Kendra Carrizales. "And we hear two shots and we just automatically started running. We ran all the way to the back." 

A Homeland Security special agent heard the gunfire and confronted Moore. The agent fired at the gunman at the same time that Moore shot himself in the head, according to HPD.

"We just saw the dude walking in, and he was already suicidal because he put the gun to his head," Carrizales said.

The suspect was taken away in an ambulance, but he didn't survive.

No one else was injured. But passengers and employees were shaken by the shooting.

"It was traumatic it really was, it was too much going on. Everybody was running, and all that stuff, it was a lot going on," Carrizales said.

Dale Howard, who was at the airport to pick up his sister for a family funeral, was on the lower level when the chaos erupted.

“Right off the bat, there were two shots, about an eight to 10-second delay, two more shots, a short delay, then a fifth shot,” he said.

After that, people were running in panic.

“There was a bunch of screaming, a bunch of people running, people coming down the escalator the wrong way getting away from it, leaving their bags on the thing," Howard said.

Terminal B was closed for more than three hours while police investigated the shooting scene. They found one bullet hole in the ceiling.

They also found Moore's white pickup truck parked outside the terminal. It was searched and towed away.

Bomb-sniffing dogs swept the terminal as a precaution.

The FBI is assisting with the investigation.

To follow updates on this story:

This story comes to KFDM from our media partnership with KHOU.


Tonight on KFDM Channel 6

Undercover Boss
Hawaii Five-0

Complete Schedule »