Forecast more >
Restaurant Report: April 11, 2014
KFDM News - Gnats, mold and food at unsafe temperatures -- those are only a few of the issues found at Orange County restaurants.
We have the highs and lows in this edition of the Restaurant Report Card.
begin with Spindletop Restaurant in Vidor. Inspector Scales found eggs
at an unsafe temperature, and there was evidence of smoking in the kitchen. All
the foods needed to be dated. Gnats were found inside a package of
sliced bread and throughout the restaurant. Towels were needed at the hand
sink. The kitchen needed to be cleaned of old foods, and a professional
cleaning was recommended to include all surfaces, equipment and floors. Spindletop Restaurant in Vidor gets a 68.
Now onto Domino's Pizza
on MacArthur drive in Orange. Employee drinks were mixed in with foods
sold to the public. There was no certified food manager on staff. The
floors in the walk-in cooler are beginning to rust and need to be
repaired. And, a bad odor was found coming from an area near the pizza. Domino's Pizza gets a 90.
Next, onto Pop's Place in Vidor. The restaurant was storing hamburger
patties uncovered on shelves in the freezer. Inspector Scales found a couple of moldy onions. Black mold was found on the wall and the three-compartment sink needed to be cleaned. Also, there was no certified food manager
on staff. Pop's Place in Vidor gets a 90.
And finally, Inspector Scales checked out Homemade Donuts in Orangefield. Sausage and boudain
were found out of temperature. The same pan liners were being used
multiple times, which is a violation of good hygenic practices. Homemade Donuts in Orangefield gets a 91.