Groves man wakes sleeping family as their home goes up in flames
Groves Fire Department responded to a house fire Sunday morning in the the 2100 block of Perry Avenue.
A man says he was walking his dogs and noticed smoke coming from his neighbor's garage.
"Quickly we banged on the door kicked open the door got the parent mother out she ran in to the kids by time we got them out of the house the house was engulfed," the man said, who wished to remain unidentified.
Investigators say a family was sound asleep when the fire spread to the attic, then onto the rest of the house.
Nobody was injured, however the family dog did not make it.
"We thank all the help on a hot day like today you exert your energy pretty quick so all that extra help helped us keep everybody rotated out," Chief Dale Jackson said.
The investigation is ongoing.