Kitchen grease fire results in total loss of home


    0123 JasperCo fire.JPG

    Multiple fire departments had their hands full dealing with a stubborn blaze that completely destroyed a home in southeast Jasper. Fire Marshal Brandon Duckworth said what began as a kitchen grease fire resulted in a total loss of the house.

    It happened at about 7:30 at 720 Hunt Street, and the first firefighters on the scene reported that the singlewide mobile home was already fully engulfed. However, they were challenged by multiple add-ons to the original house which resulted in the flames getting into several hard to reach spaces.

    Jasper firefighters received assistance from the East End, Tri-Community, and Angelina River Fire Departments and they all worked for just over two hours before finally bringing it under control.

    Duckworth said that he didn't immediately have the name of the homeowner, but he'll provide it as soon as he gets it.

    News In Photos

      Loading ...