Orange County residents encouraged to shelter in place
Orange County residents are still encouraged to shelter in place and avoid driving on the roads with water covering some areas.
All public schools in Orange County have canceled classes for the rest of the week and plan to resume on Sept. 5.
County officials said other school information will be published as it becomes available.
The county offices, with the exception of emergency management, remain closed Tuesday.
Some of the recommendations from county officials:
- Pay attention to barricades.
- Never attempt to drive through flooded roadways and avoid underpasses.
- Be aware of hydroplaning.
- If you drive through neighborhoods, WATCH YOUR SPEED. High speeds cause water to be pushed into homes, endangering property and/or lives.
- TURN AROUND, DON’T DROWN!